If you spend a lot of time on your phone (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?), then it’s nice to have an app that sorts articles in one place. The Daily Mom app takes content from different sites and puts it nicely and neatly into one organized app on your phone. It’s updated in real time, culled from respected sources, and best of all, targeted JUST FOR MOMS.
What’s on The Daily Mom?
There are 12 categories on the Daily Mom:
- News – Top news stories updated every hour; breaking news from twitter feeds
- Tip – A “Tip of the Day”
- Weather – Geo-targeted by your location
- Blogs – Categorized by: Family, Fashion, Money and Home
- Tidbit – Trivia of the Day
- Celebs – Entertainment news
- Health – Health and Fitness topics
- Recipe – Recipe of the day (from a blog)
- Style – Style tips (from a blog)
- Media – Focuses on family media (i.e. movies, tv shows, social media) aggregating from popular family sites such as Common Sense Media and Parents Choice
- Joke – Joke of the day
- Countdown – Calendar countdown to major and lesser known holidays
At present, The Daily Mom aggregates from popular, well-known and respected sites and blogs such as Apartment Therapy (design), Cool Mom Picks (tech / family), Aint No Mom Jeans (fashion), Common Sense Media (media, apps and more), Mint (financial), news sources such as CNN, and Op / Ed / informational sites such as The Huffington Post.
How often does The Daily Mom refresh its content?
Content refreshes every hour all day long.
What platform is The Daily Mom on?
The Daily Mom is currently available for iPhone.
Favorite “Dailies” on The Daily Mom:
Mommy Tech Bytes’ Review:
The Daily Mom is a smart solution to provide moms with lots of reading resources in one app. I love how easy it is to read articles on this app! It has a clean design and it’s quick to get to each category.
Based on the content selection, The Daily Mom targets mom who want to read well-written, fact-based articles (i.e. news, money, family-media, etc., with the occasional celeb gossip thrown in). There isn’t any griping about parenthood on here, at least not right now.
The Daily Mom has selected content from a variety of sites and blogs. I’m looking forward to seeing more blogs incorporated into the app too – perhaps from tech and humor bloggers.
Overall, this is a clever, all-in-one app that I enjoy using. I recommend it to all my friends and readers! Thank you, Daily Mom!
On a sidenote: When you open the app, if it takes a few seconds to load, that is because it is populating with the latest content from various sites.
What else would you like to see on The Daily Mom? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!
Find out more / Purchase The Daily Mom here:
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this app to facilitate my review.